There have been some interesting developments in Herbalife today. I saw today that Gasparino confirmed that the NY Attorney General has not subpoenaed Herbalife. It's kind of hard to have an investigation without a subpoena no? On the Gasparino's report I contacted the company separately and confirmed his claim; Herbalife has not been subpoenaed by the NY AG. That news comes on the heels of Herbalife announcing their ASR with BofA.
FBN NEWS: $HLF has not received subpoena from NYAG-co source; NYAG has not yet launched formal probe into HLF more on @FoxBusiness 323
— Charles Gasparino (@CGasparino) May 7, 2014
And last week Ackman debuted his documentary and hosted a discussion panel afterward that both clearly demonstrated a serious disconnect between Ackman's claims and the reality of the situation. The stock is not at an all time high, but Ackman is still underwater on his trade (if he's still in it) and it seems that no matter what he does, it just isn't enough. Theta decay is a bitch.
Back to geology. Let's lift up a few rocks:
- I, TheSkeptic21 (@theskeptic21) am one single person that writes blogs and tweets that are entirely my own opinion and my own thoughts.
- My girlfriend is in finance. I asked her and she has never tweeted or blogged about Herbalife or any other company.
- I have reason to believe that Michelle Celarier of the NYPost is about to profile me in an article.
- I think that Michelle Celarier is blatantly attempting to support Bill Ackman's failed short trade on Herbalife.
- I believe Michelle Celarier may have used nefarious means to obtain information about me (or that someone used nefarious means to obtain that information and then gave it to her).
- Michelle Celarier and the NY Post (and anyone they may be writing such an article at the behest of) are baiting the hook with someone I love (my girlfriend); I believe this is the short side's desperate attempt to silence me.
- Anything anyone may write about my girlfriend, aside from basic facts like age, employment history etc., will likely be fabricated. She has nothing to do with TheSkeptic21 and the opinions expressed by me have been entirely my own.
- What is particularly unfortunate and unacceptable is that my pregnant girlfriend (we don't know boy or girl yet, but I will tell you in a few months) is likely to face difficulties and aggravation in the industry she loves because a conjuring, conniving billionaire has made a reckless bet that has moved against him. You only need look back on my previous posts and some excellent articles by the NY Times and others to observe his tactics.
- Based on his previous tactics and Michelle Celarier's previous articles, I have little doubt that they'll still write a story about me anyway and they'll probably include names and facts about people I love, although I hope they don't.
- All that being said, it would appear that Ackman is finally desperate enough in his trade to go after a lone blogger that speaks truth.
If my identity comes out, it will not stop me from writing the truth, and writing about my observations, nor should I be threatened into submission by the threat of my identity being revealed (or the identities of people I know) by a powerful billionaire and his journalistic cronies. Keep in mind, I've never blogged or tweeted anything that was material non-public information, nor have I received, traded on or disseminated anything of the sort for that matter. I have merely pointed out the shortcomings in Bill Ackman's Herbalife short thesis and the whole while I have maintained that everyone should form their own opinion entirely separate from my own. I fully intend to protect myself if they print lies.
It's time for Ackman, Pershing Square, the NY Post and Michelle Celarier to stop pretending that they're doing the right thing and to actually start doing it.
(*disclosure: considering the intimate threat of her identity being revealed, I have allowed my girlfriend to read this before publishing.)